Major Oil Refinery
- Location: USA
- Solution: High-Flow Storm Water Treatment System
- Industry: Oil & Gas – Downstream Solution
A major oil refinery located in the southeastern part of the U.S. neighbors a bird estuary on a natural conservation site. Complications arose when the refinery could not reliably meet the discharge requirements after a significant amount of rainfall occurred. The refinery sought a cost-effective, environmentally responsible solution that could meet their strict discharge requirements of less than 5ppm while maintaining a small footprint.
MYCELX’s advanced Oil Removal Technology proved to be robust enough to handle the high flow rate, requiring very little space. Engineers designed and fabricated a system to meet the strict discharge requirements without complicating their process.
The remarkable results were:
- 5,000 gpm and 3,500 gpm systems operating at less than 5 psi
- Highly successful removal of oil to less than 5 ppm
- Operating costs of only $0.90/ per 1000 gallons
- A footprint of 8’ × 5’ × 6”
- Less than 3 man-hours per year needed for maintenance
Guard your company against civil liabilities with proven technologies. Contact our representative today and discover the inherent reliability of MYCELX.